Written by: Juicebox
Basics of of How to Eat Pussy
1. Variety, then consistency
One of the best ways to learn how to eat pussy is by trying a bunch of different things. Explore her vulva with your tongue and lips, all while paying attention to how your partner responds. Listen for sounds of pleasure and words of affirmation. If she shirks away or makes an ambiguous sound, pull back and try something else. When you do something that she really likes, KEEP DOING THAT THING. This can be challenging at first, but you’ll become a heat-seeking missile when it comes to locking onto That Thing your lady likes.
2. Offer positive affirmation
You can’t learn how to eat pussy if your partner won’t let you near it! This is often due to insecurity. Society still tells women that vulvas are smelly or ugly. To counteract this negative messaging, try telling her how sexy she looks, smells, and tastes. Tell her she’s beautiful (or whatever adjective would work for her) and make sure she knows you think her body is just delightful. Help her relax into receiving.
3. Respect the clit
Don’t go for the clit too soon. Take your time. Explore her labia and vaginal opening with your mouth. And once you are focused on the clit, understand you may be down there for a while. Give yourself over to the experience. It’s a gift to be allowed to put your mouth on someone’s genitals. Honor that gift and the person by not rushing. Indulge the experience. Practice gratitude.
4. Take your time eating pussy
Anticipation is a huge part of sexual arousal, and it’s essential as you learn how to eat pussy. Take your time working down towards your partner’s vulva. Once you’re between her legs, don’t just dig in. Keep playing. Lick and kiss her labia and thighs. Give her whole genital area some attention. Kiss her outer lips. Nibble and suck on her inner lips. Take your tongue close to her clit or even graze it, but don’t go for it just yet. Direct clit stimulation needs a build-up. Instead, french kiss the vulva, nibble at her thighs and labia, and generally take time to warm up your partner.
5. Don’t underestimate the shaft of the clit
Like the shaft of the penis, moving the skin against the erectile tissue can feel delightful and stimulate all the good parts attached to it. In fact, many people don’t like the feeling of glans stimulation at all. This is especially true for folks who tend to run more “sensitive”—the kinds of people who are super ticklish, don’t like vibrators, or for whom even direct nipple stimulation can feel like too much. Don’t know what your partner likes? Ask!
6. Don’t be afraid to take breaks while eating pussy
Pussy-eating can be a workout. It’s okay to take breaks. If you need to do something else because you’re having cramps or numbness in your mouth or muscles, then do it. One important tip: if you’re changing it up, be clear that’s what you’re doing. Sometimes a person might think you just “slipped” off the spot if the switching of gears is too subtle.
7. Change positions
If you have mobile issues, it can be hard to figure out how to eat pussy comfortably. Consider different positions, including “Queening” (aka face-sitting) or eating pussy from behind. Both these positions can be easier on your neck compared to the “traditional” missionary-style position.
How to Eat Pussy Like a Pro
How to Eat Pussy Like a Pro:
- Consider how she likes her nipples stimulated. This can give you some clues how to eat her pussy. Some people love intense pressure, sucking, and nibbling. Some people find that to be way too much. Use what you know about her nipples to play with her clit. Often these are very similar.
- Try the “Tiny Blowjob.” Just as the clitoral glans is analogous to the penis head, the clitoral hood is analogous to the foreskin. The hood is richly innervated and can feel amazing to stimulate. Explore licking the hood or moving it back and forth across the clit shaft with your mouth.
- Penetrate with Permission. Not everyone loves vaginal penetration with their clit stimulation. In fact, it can be distracting or annoying for some folks. So when it doubt, ask. It can be as simple as, “Would you like a finger inside you?”
- How to eat pussy while staying safe? STIs and STDs can be transmitted via oral sex with a vulva. If you’re concerned, make sure both you and your partner have been tested. Menstrual blood can be a carrier for hepatitis. If you’re going to be performing cunnilingus on a menstruating person, discuss hepatitis vaccination and testing status, or ask your partner to wear a tampon or menstrual cup.
Now that you know the basics of how to eat pussy, don’t be afraid to experiment. Talk to your partner about what she likes, and ask for feedback during the cunnilingus itself. The fun part is the practice!
Want more? Check out The Do’s and Don’ts of Fingering A Woman!
“How to Eat Pussy: 7 Tips to Become a Cunnilingus Expert.” Juicebox, www.juiceboxit.com/blog/how-to-eat-pussy.